The design of the Logitech g430 isn’t necessarily inspired. However, it does the work and does it very well. The ear pads are porous and soft, ensuring that sweat and moisture are wicked away. They are also removable, making them easier to clean. The band is soft and cushiony, making it a headset that can be worn for hours.
The wired look might not be the best, but it offers low latency. The headset, as of now, is only available in a bright blue- possibly the only complaint users have against the design.
The good thing about the Logitech g430 is that it picks up pretty much all sounds in the game. You can hear most crowds or users and players using special powers. This is because of its Dolby 7.1 surround sound technology. According to Vicky.dev, the gaming headset has been built with full scenes in mind. It allows players to feel as if they are truly a part of the scene and surrounded by the elements of the game.
Despite that, many users have found that the sound does fall a little flat. So while you may be able to hear all the surroundings around you, it isn’t necessarily something that comes across as sharp or with substance. Users have complained that gaming music as well, does not bring out all the harmonies or the highs and lows of orchestral music.
You can tweak the sound with the software, though that can be a bit intimidating for a new user, as it does not come with presets.
Users all agree that the mic is probably the best part of the headset. The mic has noise-cancellation, which actively filters out environmental noises. However, it must be noted that the mic cannot filter out heavy environmental sounds. If you are in a crowded cafe, your surrounding sounds will still come through.
The unidirectional mic is perfect for people who play in their homes or less cluttered environments and is great for ambient noises.
Design-wise, the mic can be a little frustrating because, unlike the Logitech G433, the mic does not come off, it merely flips away. Though it flips out of the way upwards, it is possible to hit it accidentally. The mute is also manual and does not happen by flipping it.
- At the price offered, the Logitech g430 gaming headset offers much more than expected.
- They have a mic that filters out most of the surrounding sounds.
- The Logitech gaming software allows players to have more features and customization options along with EQ.
- Very comfortable headphones that can be worn for hours
- Low latency connection
- They are not very versatile headphones that can be used for other activities like watching movies or listening to music in a crowded environment.
- While the mic is great, it doesn’t do very well in loud areas. If you are in a crowded room or with more people than you, it doesn’t do great filtering those kinds of sounds out.
- The design is clunky and not as durable as other headphones in the same category.