Fansly and Onlyfans have become outstanding platforms for creators to showcase their talent and earn money from it. Whether you are a gamer, model, comedian, or adult star, you can build up your finances through these platforms.
They are crowdfunded subscription platforms where you can diversify your strategy, create multiple income streams and mitigate the risk connected to losing money. However, the features of Fansly and Onlyfans are quite different, and creators often carry out a comparison between the two before choosing the perfect platform for their business.
Today, we will identify the points of difference between Fansly and Onlyfans so that you can understand which platform is better suited to your needs and where you can make more money as an influencer.
Fansly was launched recently in 2020 and is a newcomer in the race. It allows all types of content creators to showcase their talent and content and engage the audience. Through this platform, you can upload any kind of content, including adult images and videos, without the fear of being banned.
This adult-friendliness of the site has made it quite popular among adults. It acts as the top competitor of OnlyFans in terms of showcasing adult content and is slowly building a reputation of being the biggest destination for online creators.
It has a plethora of revenue stream options along with subscriptions that it offers to the fans. Some of the common monetization strategies on Fansly include accepting tips, pay-per-view, etc., so that the creators can earn through their content in multiple ways.
OnlyFans is a rather old player in the industry and was founded in 2016. It is one of the top destinations online for adult content creators. It gained momentum and prominence during the lockdown when multiple online content creators resorted to this online site to portray their talent and earn well, such as the case of Elaina St. James.
During Covid, it became an important and easy source of income for creators such as Katiana Kay, who were otherwise struggling to earn money. As of 2022, there were around 178 registered users on the site, which made it the mightiest crowdfunding platform for adult content creators.
OnlyFans has its headquarters in London and is owned by Fenix International Limited. Some of the earning methods on this platform include subscriptions, tips, custom content requests, etc. While it has content of all kinds, its main source of income is from adult-themed content.
Difference Between the Two
We will now discuss some points of difference between OnlyFans and Fansly.
- Both OnlyFans and Fansly offer the “free teaser” option to the users. However, the subscription plan on OnlyFans starts from as low as $3, but the subscription to Fansly begins at $5 per month.
- Within 3 days of requesting the balance, the creators get paid in their accounts on both OnlyFans and Fansly. However, the minimum withdrawal request for OnlyFans creators is $20, while the minimum request for Fansly creators is $100.
- As of today, OnlyFans is a platform with around 1.2 million adult content creators. On the contrary, Fansly is a larger platform for adult content, with around 2 million content creators.
- In terms of subscribers, OnlyFans is bigger, with over 17 million subscribers, compared to Fansly, which has over 30 million subscribers.
- OnlyFans was founded in 2016 as a fresh idea. Fansly, on the contrary, was initiated in 2020, much later, with the idea of replacing OnlyFans as the largest content creator platform.
- Along with in-house traffic statistics, OnlyFans allows its users to integrate with Google Analytics and Twitter. Fansly, on the other hand, gives in-house statistics and the option to integrate with Twitter and Twitch.
- OnlyFans is considered to be best for adult content creators who mostly post softcore posts and nudes. However, Fansly is more like a backup plan for content creators who are looking for a better opportunity to gain more subscribers and money online.
OnlyFans was created to be a bigger platform than just an adult platform by its CEO Amrapali Gan. Fansly, on the other hand, was created to be a competitor of OnlyFans, so that it can give a platform where adult content creators can showcase their content without any barriers.
Where Can You Make More Money?
In financial terms, the features and functionalities of both OnlyFans and Fansly are quite different. Let us read about the features of the two so that we can identify which of the two platforms is a better option for earning more money with ease.
- Here, you can sell physical items to your subscribers.
- The minimum request needs to be $20. The creators get paid within three days of requesting the balance.
- Random viewers can easily discover your profile, and they also can see your profile in “suggested” to reach you.
- Through referral bonuses, you can reduce fees on your earnings and thus increase them significantly.
- The commission of the platform is only 20%, which means you can get 80% of the earnings.
- The referred creators are allowed to keep 75% of their earnings, which should be not more than $1 million.
- The viewers can make payments through a debit or a credit card, and the creators get paid through bank transfers in the US.
- However, recently, the freedom of showcasing content has been restricted on OnlyFans, which is causing the migration of content creators to its competitors.
- In Fansly, the minimum request must be $100, and creators get paid within 3 days of raising the order.
- The monthly subscription maximums of Fansly are the highest at present, which helps the creators make more money than any other platform.
- You can interact and generate followers via polls, quizzes, and stories.
- By using your referral link, you can get extra dollars by getting other creators to enroll on the platform.
- The commission rate for the creators here is the same as in OnlyFans- 80% for creators and 20% for the platform.
- Apart from that, the creators can earn 1% commission from referred subscribers, 5% commission from referred models (for 1 year), and 1.5% lifetime commission from referred models (after 1 year.)
- The viewers can pay only through debit or credit card, while the creators get paid through bank transfer, Paxum, or Skrill in the US.
Therefore, we can surely say that the ease of operations and the potential of earning money is much more with Fansly. It offers better creative freedom and financial potential to the creators, especially models. The top earners on Fansly can charge as much as $499.99 per month from each fan. By selling props and your creative work (including adult content), you can earn a lot from Fansly. More and more people today are switching to Fansly, which is often causing the app to slow down or crash.
While OnlyFans and Fansly are both amazing platforms for content creators, Fansly seems to be leading the charts in terms of more income potential. It has extensive features (including financial features), which make them a comparatively better option for income.
However, there is a drawback to Fansly, too, that you have to wait till you accumulate $100 before withdrawing it. The amount of taxes, however, is the same on both platforms. So which one do you find better? Let us know in the comments!
Leave a Reply