How to tell him I like him? So, how many times did you Google this, think about it for hours, and ask your friends or close ones about this?
Wait a minute!
Let me guess the advice most people must have given you when you asked this question.
Just Go and tell him!
Correct? This must be the answer majority must have given to this query.
But you still do not know – how to tell him that I like him.
Wait, wait. Do not panic. Just go through this article and you will get the answer to your question.
So before I give you an answer to ‘how to tell him I like him’, here are the things you should keep in mind before you express your feelings.
- Firstly, make sure that he doesn’t have a girlfriend or likes somebody. I know it will break your heart if you find someone else in your life, but at least it will save you time. You will then clearly know that he is not at all interested in you, so it’s better to just get over your feelings for him.
- Secondly, even if he is not seeing anyone, it is not mandatory that he will start liking you after your confession. So be prepared not to become a depressed lover. Also, please do not start thinking you are not worthy of love.
- Thirdly, do not feel embarrassed if the second point happens. Do not think like – Oh My God. I should not have told him this, what he must be thinking about me now. Or How did I even think that he would like me back? How crazy am I?
Just remember, we are all human beings, and it is very natural to develop feelings or get attracted to someone. You are not alone in this. It’s very natural to like someone.
I, too, liked someone when I was in my university, and I did confess to him.
But he denied having feelings for me. Such an unlucky guy, you see. (Hehe)
Now I do have a boyfriend, and he is the best partner I could have asked for.
Tell me one thing, had I thought that I am not worthy of love after facing rejection, would I have ever found my true love?
So girl, be prepared for anything that comes your way.
Now let’s Unravel the Answer to the Question
The most important thing here is for you to realize first if you really like him or if it is just an attraction that can change later. Many times we might think we like someone, but in reality, we might like the way he treats us or a certain nature of him.
So, first, think and take your time to understand if your liking towards him is genuine or not. If it is, you are good to go. Now, follow these steps you should follow for letting the special someone in your life know you like him.
- I usually feel that it is better to have a great friendship before confessing your feelings. This helps in better understanding, and even if you face rejection, it will be easier for you to handle it. The reason I say this is because he will not stop talking to you after this, and it is very unlikely that he will start ignoring you. That’s because of the friendship you both will have. He will try to protect that.
- You can talk about this in person and tell him how it all started. What are things about him that you really like and adore? Why is it that you feel he is likable? He will be delighted to hear that you noticed good things about him and started liking him. If you think you will not be able to talk to him about this in person, you can do it on a call or on text.
In case you are too shy or worried about telling him about your feelings, you can ask a close friend of yours to do the same.
- Do not force him to respond quickly. Let him take his time to answer back. Sometimes, people tend to have feelings, but they take time to realize them. This way, he will have clarity on whether he truly likes you back or not.
You don’t want to get into a relationship right away, only for him to realize that he was too hasty to take a decision. So, this is important for both of you.
- You can also give him hints before actually confessing your feelings. For instance, paying more attention to him, making eye contact, passing a smile at him, showing efforts towards spending more time with him, etc.
This way, you might be able to get hints about his feelings too. If he likes these gestures of yours, that means he too has a liking for you. So you can easily confess your feelings then.
Just keep in mind not to overdo it and make him feel stuck somewhere. Give him his space too.
Expressing your Feelings If he is your Friend
Now, how can you express your feelings if he is not your friend? I know this might not be that easy and I get it. Sometimes you might like a guy at a university, workplace, or others that you might genuinely start liking.
It is difficult to confess your liking here because he may wonder how you can develop feelings for him without knowing him first.
In this case, it is better that you talk to him in person and explain why it is that you started to like him. Like, tell him when did you first see him, and try to be as honest as you can.
You can spend more time with him after this so that you get to know each other better.
So this was all about expressing your love feelings with him. It is not as difficult as it might sound. There is no rocket science here and do not overthink this subject. Just be genuine with your feelings and be bold enough to let go of him if you find there’s nothing from his side.
Also, the golden rule – Do not ever feel embarrassed or guilty about your feelings or confession.
I hope this article helped you to get your question. You can also check articles like – never force anyone to talk to you and the bio of Khaza Kamil Gates.
Leave a Reply